This article will inform you how to complain about your Halls of Residence if you have a problem.

Below is the process that you will need to go through to put in a complaint about your halls:

Contact your Hall reception and explain the problem. Halls staff will normally be able to resolve most issues.

Attend a meeting with the Assistant Manager Accommodation Services and allow them the opportunity to try to resolve the issue. If this has not resolved the matter to your satisfaction, please put your complaint in writing to the Accommodation Services Manager with full details and explain why you are not satisfied. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of these informal stages of the process, you can make a formal complaint as explained in the University's Guide to student complaints. Please submit your complaints to TheComplaints Officer will decide whether you have a valid formal complaint and if so, will appoint an investigating officer (usually the Head of Residential Services) to investigate the complaint.

If you live in one of our Third party provider halls (Unite or The Student Housing Company) please refer to the relevant halls websites for information.