Our Graduate Recruitment Consultancy
The Graduate Recruitment Consultancy is our on-campus graduate recruitment service run by University staff. This service is run exclusively for those of you entering your final year of study and graduates of the University of Portsmouth.
The Graduate Recruitment Consultancy works with over 3,000 employers in Hampshire and the surrounding areas, offering graduate jobs in many industries. When you sign up, they'll help you begin your journey into graduate employment.
The Graduate Recruitment Consultancy gives you:
- Easy and hassle-free job hunting (to supplement your own job search)
- Friendly personal service
- A place to discuss areas of interest
- CV reviews
- Help to source and prioritise relevant graduate roles
- Applications on your behalf
- Support for your interview preparation
- Additional support and professional advice where required
How to register for our Graduate Recruitment Consultancy
To use the Graduate Recruitment Consultancy you need to register via MyCareer, where you can also find our online jobs board. The Graduate Recruitment Consultancy is an extra service you need to sign up for.
Registering for the Graduate Recruitment Consultancy is a really simple process that could help you get your dream graduate job.
- Fill in an online registration form and upload your CV ready for review.
- A Recruitment Consultant will contact you to find out more about you, your experience, discuss job roles you're looking for and the sector you're looking work in. If the Recruitment Consultant thinks you're underselling yourself on your CV, they'll advise you on how to improve your CV or refer you for a free 1-to-1 session with an adviser.
- Your Recruitment Consultant will contact you when they find a job that suits your skillset – if you'd like to be put forward for a role, they'll talk to the company and present your profile to them.
- If you're selected, your Recruitment Consultant will contact you to arrange an interview with the company – you'll get a brief on the organisation, the role itself and the format the interview will take. If you want additional support you can book a mock interview to practice for your interview.
- If you're successful, you'll be offered the job and your Recruitment Consultant will help you manage the offer with the employer. If you're unsuccessful you'll be given constructive feedback from the employer and the graduate recruitment team will continue to work with you on future roles.
Our Graduate Recruitment Consultants
Our Graduate Recruitment Consultants look after a particular sectors and job disciplines.
Richard specialises in finding graduate jobs in the following sectors:
- Civil Engineering & Surveying
- Property Development & Construction
- Mechanical & Electronic Engineering
- Mathematics & Physics
- Computing (Software Engineering and Back End Development)
James specialises in finding graduate jobs in the following sectors:
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Interior Design
- Design & Media
- Film & Photography
- Creative Technologies and Events
- Content & Journalism
- Biological, Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Health Sciences & Psychology
- Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences
- Customer Service & Administration
- Computer Aided Product Design (Front End Development)
Anna specialises in finding graduate jobs in the following sectors:
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing & Sales
- Enterprise & Innovation
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Language & Literature Studies
- History & Heritage
- Criminal Justice
Work with the Graduate Recruitment Consultancy
The Graduate Recruitment Consultancy hold "Meet The Team" events each year in teaching block 2. To find out when they take place, keep an eye on our events calendar or email us email@example.com for more details or if you have any further questions.
Get more guidance on your graduate job search
Discover the different ways to find graduate jobs and what you should know about applying for them.
Explore our advice on finding a graduate job, with help from our guides to CVs, cover letters, applications and interviews.