Here's everything you need to know about your course and your studies.
Register for your course, pay your fees, apply for extenuating circumstances, get proof of your student status, and apply for financial support. Many of the services for your course are on your Student View. You can get help with how to use Student View here on MyPort.
Get help through the MyPort Information Hubs
If you're a current student, your faculty's MyPort Hub is your first port of call for any guidance you need with any aspect of University life. From questions about your course, to what support services are available to help you - contact the MyPort teams to help find what you need:
Or drop into your faculty hub for in-person support.
Your course information
- Student View – see your module and course marks, manage your details, payments and more
- Moodle – your course materials
- Timetable – see your timetable of lectures, seminars and teaching sessions
- Engagement and attendance – scan your card or log in to record your attendance
- Faculties, schools and departments – find out more about your faculty and our academic structure
- Key dates – check important term dates, including consolidation weeks, Christmas and Easter
- Maps and directions – find your way around campus
- Fees and payments – pay your tuition fees, and financial support
- Update your details – let us know if you've moved house or if your contact details have changed
- Student Cards – how to get your student card, or order a replacement
- Withdraw, suspend or transfer – what to do if you're thinking about withdrawing from or suspending your course, or transferring to a new one
- Graduation – your guide to your big day
More information and support
Get help with IT issues, find your nearest open access area or borrow equipment to study online, on or off campus.
Discover resources you need to study from anywhere, including how to connect to the uni VPN and access software remotely.