Your passport around campus
Everything you need to know about your University Student Card
Your Student Card is your passport to access a range of university buildings and services.
You should carry your student card at all times on campus to use as:
- your library card
- your door access control card to University buildings
- your access to student services such as printing, laptop loans, catering loyalty points, sport and recreation and the free University bus
- monitoring your engagement at on-campus events, exams and face-to-face classes
New students - getting your first card
You should apply for your student card before the start of the academic year as part of your initial registration process. Follow the instructions for Joining the University, including photo upload and where to pick up your card when you’re on campus.
If you're a fully registered home student, who's not yet collected your student card, they are now available for collection in the University Library between 9.00am and 9.00pm. If there are any outstanding issues with your registration you may need to speak to your Faculty MyPort Hub.
International and new EU students
If you are an International or EU student you need to complete an ID and visa check first, before being able to collect your card. Please refer to your registration email for the ID check location.
Current students - replacing a card
You can request replacement card via the Replacement Card Portal for any of the following:
- Lost or damaged card (cost incurred)
- Faulty, stolen or expired (free of charge)