Your passport around campus
Everything you need to know about your University Student Card
Your Student Card is your passport to access a range of university buildings and services.
You should carry your student card at all times on campus to use as:
- your library card
- your door access control card to University buildings
- your access to student services such as printing, laptop loans, catering loyalty points, sport and recreation and the free University bus
- monitoring your engagement at on-campus events, exams and face-to-face classes
New students - getting your first card
You should apply for your student card before the start of the academic year as part of your initial registration process. Follow the instructions for Joining the University, including photo upload and where to pick up your card when you’re on campus.
If you are a UK student and have completed all steps of your registration you will have the opportunity to pick up your student card during Induction Week from the ground floor, Students' Union Building between 10.00am and 5.00pm .
If you complete all steps of registration after Induction Week, once your online ID check has been processed, your student card will be available for collection in the University Library between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm Monday - Friday or 11 am - 3 pm Saturday and Sunday.
International and new EU students
If you are an International or EU student you can pick up your Student ID card in Third Space, which is upstairs in the Students' Union Building after you have completed your ID and visa check.
Current students - replacing a card
You can request replacement card via the Replacement Card Portal for any of the following:
- Lost or damaged card (cost incurred)
- Faulty, stolen or expired (free of charge)