Health and wellbeing
Health and wellbeing
Your health and wellbeing matters to us, and it’s important for your learning too. Find out more about the many ways we can help you take care of your mind, body and spirit so that you are set to manage challenges and fulfil your potential.
Coronavirus Information Line - +44 (0)23 9284 5588 and email@example.com
The information line is managed by MyPort staff to coordinate responses and give clear, consistent advice about University policies and procedures in response to the coronavirus outbreak, including our emergency response team who will liaise with Public Health England in the event of a coronavirus case on campus.
The information line will be open from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4pm Friday.
Out of hours messages will be responded to as soon as possible.
For the latest information about Coronavirus, please check the Coronavirus information for students page on the Article Hub.
Changes to wellbeing support
Our support services are changing in response to the Coronavirus outbreak. Due to University building closures we won't be on campus for face-to-face meetings, but we can still support you online or over the phone. These changes are in line with Government advice around social distancing, limiting mass gatherings and social contact.
A number of wellbeing services are available remotely, including:
- WhatsUp App - connect with a trained practitioner within the Student Wellbeing Service. WhatsUp is available on Android and Apple devices.
- Student Wellbeing Service support via Skype, email and phone. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
- Chaplaincy support at email@example.com or +44 (0)23 9284 3030
- Residential Life support in halls of residence at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)23 9284 3418
- Students Union Advice Centre at email@example.com or 023 92 843478
- Positive Minds, an NHS and Solent Mind run service, on Middle Street (near Eldon) on +44(0)23 9282 4795 or at Positive Minds.
Learning and advice related to your emotional and mental wellbeing. Access free, confidential support.