Student Finance Support
Student Finance Support
The Student Finance Centre is open. The best ways to get in contact with the team are:
- Phone: +44 (0)23 9284 3014
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Drop-in - you may need to make an appointment to see one of our advisers
Opening times are Monday to Thursday, 8:30am–5:00pm, Friday: 8:30am–4:00pm, and the centre is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
For help managing your money effectively, head to the Student Finance Centre. Here you can get information, advice and individual support to keep your finances on track.
The team includes advisers who are members of the Institute of Money Advisers and the National Association of Student Money Advisers. Everything you tell us will be kept in the strictest confidence and we'll always put your needs and interests first.
Get help from the Student Finance Team
Financial hardship funds
If you're facing financial hardship while studying, there's a generous University Support Fund to help. This fund can help with bills, living costs and emergency expenditure, You also can apply for one-off emergency payments while we consider your application for longer term support.
Advice on student loans and liaison with Student Finance England
If you're having problems with your student loans or grant, please come and see us in the Student Finance Centre. With your permission, we can speak to Student Finance England on your behalf.
If you're awaiting confirmation of your registration, two things are needed before we can confirm your status to the Student Loans Company (SLC) and they can release your student loan funds.
- An approved application for student finance for Portsmouth. If you have a different University on your paperwork, please email a copy of your financial notification letter to email@example.com. The University will email you change of circumstances form to get this updated and also confirm your registration manually.
- Complete your online registration via Student View. If you're a new student, you also need to a copy of your ID for checking, as per the instructions. Once we've checked your ID, your status is updated to Registered, and we'll confirm your registration to the SLC.
Payment will be released into your bank account within 3 working days of registration being confirmed.
Further information on student loans
Money management and budgeting advice
We can give you no-nonsense advice on how to set and stick to a budget, and make the most of your money.
Further tips and advice on money management
- How to budget at uni
- Student bank accounts
- Bills and budgeting in private housing
- Rent guarantor scheme
- Financial advice for final year students
Information about scholarships and bursaries
If you're already studying, it's worth keeping an eye on what scholarships and bursaries are available for the next academic year.
We can help you identify what funding you're entitled to.
State benefit advice
Whether you're a student with dependants or a disability, or you want to know if you can claim tax credits, we can help you in this complex area.
Further information on benefits you may be entitled to
Specialist debt advice
Getting into debt can be very stressful and you may not feel comfortable speaking to family or friends about it. We have trained financial advisers who can give you confidential information, advice and guidance on debt-related issues.
Our approach is straightforward – we aim to get you back on track and in control of your finances. Whatever your situation, we'll listen to you and provide impartial and non-judgemental debt advice. If we can't help, we'll point you in the direction of someone who can.