Start your journey
What to do when you arrive in the UK
As an international student, you're part of a community of over 5,700 international students from over 150 countries – and we want you to feel at home with us.
If you need advice or support to get your student visa, or if you're looking for ways to meet students from the UK and the whole world, you'll find it here.
Explore our section on starting at Portsmouth if you're a new student, and find extra information on working in the UK, social activities you can take part in and what to do if you're moving to the UK with your family and children.
- Starting at Portsmouth – start your journey in Portsmouth and settle into life in the UK
- Working during your studies – your right to work while studying with us
- Visa guidance – the different types available, and how to get yours
- Your social life in Portsmouth – upcoming social events
- Information for families – advice on moving the UK with children
- Transport in the UK – your options for travelling within the UK
Contacting the International Student Advice team
For advice and support, including visa and immigration advice for students, contact the International Student Advisers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact the team by phone on +44 23 9284 3488, or in person at: University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP, UK.
Our opening hours for drop-ins are Monday to Friday 10.00am - 3.00pm.