About our service
How we support you and ways to use our service
We aim to provide exceptional service to students, graduates and staff at the University of Portsmouth. Here we go into further detail about how our service can support you.
How we support you
We support students and graduates of up to 5 years with:
- Careers advice
- Finding part-time jobs, work experience and graduate jobs
- Securing volunteering opportunities
- Starting their own business
- Developing employability skills through career events
- Meeting employers through recruitment events
Using our service
To ensure we can support as many students and graduates as possible, please:
- keep appointments or, if you need to cancel provide us with a minimum 24 hours’ notice
- arrive to your appointment 5 minutes before the start time, and ensure you are prepared with your questions and any documents your need to be reviewed
- provide feedback through email about your experience of the service to help us improve our offer
- inform us when you make a booking if you have any particular needs to help us provide you with the best service.
We want to help as many students and graduates as we can. That's why we have our appointment and event guidelines to make sure everyone can access our services and minimise missed appointments.
As part of the Careers and Employability Service, we commit to provide you with the following:
We treat everybody fairly when accessing our service and the advice we provide is impartial.
We follow strict confidentiality and data protection policies, to ensure that your information and data is kept safe and used correctly. All of our appointments are confidential, and information that you disclose to us will not be shared unless we believe that it presents a risk to yourself or to others. This would be discussed with you.
Students have equal access to opportunities and our support. Our information, advice and guidance aims to empower our students, regardless of their individual characteristics.
Get in touch
We're open Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 5.00pm during term time. If you'd like to chat with a member of the team, here's how you can reach us:
Phone: +44 (0)23 9284 2684