The Portsmouth Award
Realise your potential, achieve your career goals.
What is The Portsmouth Award?
The Portsmouth Award is an online programme designed to help you reflect on skills you develop through extracurricular activities, explore career options, and increase your confidence to apply for opportunities. The Portsmouth Award is open to all students.
Once completed, you will receive a digital certificate for your CV.
How to complete the award
The Portsmouth Award is completed online through Moodle. You can work through the programme at your own pace and seek further support from the Careers and Employability service at any point. The Award is made up of 3 levels:
Own your story
Develop a clearer sense of who you are and what you can offer an employer, as well as gain valuable experience.
Find your fit
Understand your options and confidently carry out employer research to identify the right opportunities for you.
Make your mark
Be prepared to take the next steps after your course, whether that's a graduate role, further study or starting your own business.
Once you have completed The Portsmouth Award, you will have:
- More confidence in presenting your value to employers. This will include increased clarity on the skills, strengths and values you can offer, and the relevance of your work experience
- More confidence in how to research different sectors, employers and opportunities to consider the best fit for you
- A greater understanding of what graduate employers are looking for through their recruitment processes and more confidence in your ability to navigate those processes.
Opportunities through The Portsmouth Award
Throughout the year, you will have access to exclusive workshops and drop-in sessions to support you through your Portsmouth Award.
Mock Assessment Centre Opportunities
As part of the Level 3 Make Your Mark, you need to reflect on a recruitment-focused activity you have completed. That's why we have a number of Mock Assessment Centre opportunities coming up. You can book these events through MyCareer:
Assessment Centre Success: Wednesday 14 February 2024, 2.00pm - 5.00pm, Careers and Employability Centre.
Need some support before you submit your work? Come along to our drop-in sessions at the Career and Employability Centre on:
Tuesday 20 February, 3.00pm-4.00pm
Wednesday 28 February, 10.30am - 12.30pm
Wednesday 6 March, 2.30pm-4.00pm
Further support with The Portsmouth Award
Although The Portsmouth Award is a self-directed programme through Moodle, we offer continued support through:
- 1-1 appointments with a Careers and Employability adviser to review draft submissions
- Workshops and events through Careers and Employability Service and the Students’ Union
- MyCareer account advertising volunteering opportunities and part-time work
- Faculty placement teams in sourcing placement opportunities.