There's a wide range of occupations in criminal justice. A great place to start planning is by exploring job profiles which provide key responsibilities, skill requirements, starting salaries, entry requirements and career prospects in the various roles available.
Here are some key resources to help you keep updated with industry news.
- College of Policing - The College of Policing is the professional body for policing and offers more information on intelligence analysis training, routes to becoming a police officer including fast-track and direct-entry and details of professional standards and practice.
- Skills for Justice - Skills for Justice is a not-for-profit organisation offering information, advice and guidance on jobs within the criminal justice and community safety sector.
- Police.UK - Information on crime and policing including a list of UK police force websites.
- The Chartered Society of Forensic Scientists - The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences' site provides information on careers, jobs and sector standards.
- HMPPS - His Majesty's Prison and Probation Service offer information on the recruitment process, eligibility, application process and current vacancies for Prison Officers.
- National Probation Service - National Probation Service web pages, including the Probation Directory of National Probation Services and Communication Rehabilitation Companies.
- Community Justice Learning - The University of Portsmouth's School of Criminology and Criminal Justice is contracted by the Ministry of Justice to deliver the academic component to Probation Officer training. Find out more by reading the Want to train to be a Probation Officer? guide.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Rehabilitation Company - Regional Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) for Hampshire.
- Criminal Justice Alliance - A coalition of 120 organisations committed to improving the criminal justice system.
- The Forensics Library - Information resource detailing the different areas and specialisms within forensic science.