The UK University's Student Code protects students' rights to safe, good quality accommodation, wherever you are studying, and makes sure that you get the best out of your time living in University residences.
It outlines everything you can expect from your accommodation as well as your responsibilities as tenants.
The University recommends that you read the Universities UK Student Code of Practice before taking up a place in a hall of residence.
The Code covers six main areas:
- A healthy, safe environment
- Timely repairs and maintenance
- A clean, pleasant living environment
- A formal, contractual relationship with the University landlord
- Access to health and wellbeing services
- A living environment free from anti-social behaviour
If you have any queries or concerns about your accommodation, please contact your Hall reception where staff will be happy to assist you.