The Service Desk
The Service Desk is your single point of contact for all IT related Problems and queries. You can report IT issues and log and track any service requests you make via our Self Service portal. If you are having trouble logging into your account, give us a call or a chat.
If you need IT support you can:
- Chat with us using our virtual assistant or with a Service Desk Analyst during working hours - click the Chat Support button in the lower right of this page.
- Call us on extension 7777 or +44 (0)23 9284 7777.
- Get in touch or track your open tickets via Self Service.
Out of hours support
Outside core University hours, we offer limited IT support, via our out of hours team, available from 5.00pm – 8.00am during the week and 24 hours a day during weekends and bank holidays. Support during these times can be obtained by telephoning the normal Service Desk number on +44 (0)23 9284 7777.
Out of hours support includes:
- Password changes
- Moodle access
- Portal access
- Wireless connectivity
- Remote file access
Keeping your work safe on University computers
- The University recommends that you use your N drive to save important documents as it is regularly backed up. If you are unable to access your N drive immediately, transfer your work to it when you are able.
- You should keep copies of important work in multiple locations, such as Google drive, which is available with your University email account, or on a USB stick, portable hard drive.
- Remember hardware can fail so do not rely on it for your only copy of any important work.
- You should save your work at least every 15 minutes.
- Make sure you do not open work from an email and just press save. This may save your work in a temporary location which can be deleted when you close a program or log off a computer.
- Do not leave your computer unattended as some computers can automatically shutdown after a period of inactivity. It will also stop anyone being able to use your account without your authorisation.