This article will explain to you whether you need insurance whilst living in University Halls of Residence.

Please be aware this applies to University halls, if staying in third party provider halls (Unite, Catherine House), please look at the relevant insurance information on their websites.

The University does provide basic insurance cover, supplied by ‘’ Insurance as part of your halls rent.

However, if you bring any other items of particular value, such as televisions, computers, hi-fi, or musical instruments, then we strongly advise you to take out additional cover.

Please note that the University’s insurance does not include bicycles.

To view full details regarding the insurance provided please visit

How to find out more

You can find more information in your Halls of Residence handbook.