Apply for funding to develop your startup idea
Do you have an idea but you're not sure if it will work? Would you like some money to explore the viability of your business? Do you already have an idea you wish to develop? If so, these startup grants are for you.
We have two different grants available:
- Explore Fund: Apply for up to £300 to test an idea
- Develop Fund: Apply for up to £1,000 to develop your idea to the next stage
This funding is a grant so you won’t pay back the money. However, we do expect to see some return on the investment in terms of your business development.
The Startup grant is funded by Santander Universities and is available to University of Portsmouth students and graduates within 5 years of graduating.
Explore fund - up to £300
Up to £300, this grant is suitable for groups or individuals that want to:
- Test or explore an idea of a small scale
- Take your first steps
- Undertake market research
- Discover if an idea is viable
Develop fund - up to £1000
Up to £1000, this grant is suitable for individuals or groups that want to:
- Develop your idea further
- Discover if your idea is viable on a larger scale
- Launch your idea
- Upscale and grow your current idea or startup
Examples of what the funding could be used for include market research, creating a prototype, marketing, purchasing products and services, launching a product or service.
The funding is for UK based projects and businesses only.
Please only apply for the money you need.
The deadline for applications is 26 April 2020. If successful at this stage you will be invited to pitch your idea during the week starting 11 May 2020.