Scientific Research & Analysis
Within the scientific sector you could be looking at a wide range of occupations and employers. A great place to start is to explore job profiles which provide key responsibilities, skill requirements, starting salaries, entry requirements, and career prospects within the different job roles.
Keeping up to date
Here are some key resources to help you keep updated with industry news and explore the sector further.
- New Scientist - popular science and technology publication, has lots of useful career information and advice too
- Prospects - The ‘Science sector overview’ is a useful information guide on roles and trends in the industry
- Royal Society of Biology – also see career booklet Next Steps: options after a bioscience degree
- The Institute of Clinical Research
- The Association for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine
- Targetjobs - the 'Science and Research' overview page has lots of useful information and advice on roles available and the types of companies that recruit in this sector
- British Society for Immunology - find out about careers and news in immunology
- British Society for Genetic Medicine - information on career opportunities in genetics and genomic science
- British Pharmacological Society - discover the different career paths within pharmacology
- Society of Cosmetic Scientists - keep up to date with news from the cosmetic science industry