This article will explain what Withdrawing from a Postgraduate course means and what steps should be taken to withdraw.

Withdrawal is the process whereby a PGRS ends their registration before the thesis is submitted. You may wish to consider an interruption or change in mode of study as an alternative to withdrawal.

Please notify your First Supervisor immediately if you have made the decision to withdraw. Complete the Notification of a Change Affecting the Registration Form (UPR4) which should be signed by your First Supervisor and approved by your Chair, FRD Committee.

The form should then be sent to the Research Degrees Team, Student Administration Services, Department of Student and Academic Administration (DSAA)