You can restore files that have been accidentally deleted or saved over by following these instructions.
Finding and restoring a deleted file
- Double click on This PC, and navigate to where the missing/changed file was located.
- Right click on the white area in the folder and click Properties.
- Click the Previous Versions tab, here you will see a list of folders. These folders are the same folder captured at different periods in time.
- Select a time just before the file was deleted/changed and then click Open. This will open a previous version of the folder from the date and time specified.
- Find the file you have deleted or changed and simply drag it into the current version of the folder. You may also copy and paste the file if this is easier.