Festival of Doctoral Research
Showcase your research poster at our festival
Research Poster Competition
We are inviting all current postgraduate researchers (PGRs) to submit a poster for the upcoming Festival of Doctoral Research on Thursday 13 July 2023. We will be shortlisting posters for presentation at the in-person event and in our online gallery.
Thursday 13 July 2023.
We will showcase your posters online, and also display them on the 13 July 2023 in Eldon Building.
Who can apply?
All current doctoral, MPhil and MRes research students who have not graduated before 1 June 2023.
Guidelines - what we need from you
- An A1 poster in either portrait or landscape format.
- Your entry must be electronic and submitted as a PowerPoint slide or PDF.
- Your poster should summarise your research to non-subject specialists.
- Your poster should include your name, UoP logo, Faculty name and the title of your research.
- Provided that a non-subject specialist could easily understand it, you are welcome to submit a poster you have presented at your faculty research conference or at another internal or external conference.
- Those whose posters are shortlisted will have their poster displayed in Eldon Building on Thursday 13 July 2023, and online.
- You will not be expected to prepare an oral presentation to accompany your poster.
- Completed consent form
You may find design inspiration via the following sources:
The short-listing process will be based on three criteria, which are equally weighted:
- Poster design – composition and use of space to set out the research.
- Words and visuals – how well do they complement each other?
- Communication – the success of the poster to communicate to a non-subject specialist.
The panel will comprise professors from across the University.
Only the competition winners will be announced; other rankings will not be made available.
- First prize £100
- Second prize £50