UK Business Development Chef: Heura Foods (Previously Co-Founder of Mitch’s Kitchen)
Starting a business is THE most scary and exciting learning opportunity you can have for personal growth. I feel everyone should experience the highs and the lows as there’s lessons to be had in every step of the journey - regardless of the final outcome.
Mitch Lee graduated with First Class Honours in Sports Development and Coaching Sciences from Bournemouth University.
He was appointed as a vegan guest chef at Season Cookery School, located on the grounds of the 5-star Lainston House Hotel.
Recognising the gap in learning vegan kitchen skills, Mitch began designing and running cooking lessons in early 2017. Having worked as a chef and culinary teacher for over 4 years, he has designed and delivered private vegan and gluten-free cooking lessons to high-profile clients, inspiring others to adopt plant-based principles in their kitchen and life.
In 2018, along with wife Shirin, Mitch spotted a gap in the market and launched a direct to consumer plant-based meal brand 'Mitch's Kitchen'. The business was forced to close post Covid-19 pandemic in
2021, however the highlights of the business included:
- Cooking and shipping thousands of meals across the country, and providing much needed support including veg boxes during the Covid-19 pandemic to those sheltering.
- Donating over 6000 meals to the Mary’s Meals Charity
- Gaining National press coverage in magazines and newspapers
- Having 2 meals shortlisted for awards.
Mitch has since gone on to join plant-based meat successor brand Heura, using all the skills and experiences he developed as an entrepreneur to help the brand grow and succeed in the UK market. His role now involves generating new business in the food service world, carrying out customer demos and engaging with key buyers.
Mitch offers particular expertise in:
- Starting, building and scaling a business
- Opportunity spotting
- Ethical and sustainable business practices
- Burnout and how to overcome it
- Building business and personal brand presence online
Speak to us
If you're a student interested in working with our Entrepreneurs in Residence, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll work with you to help you get the best support.