Director of Harrie's Coffee and Co-Founder of My Business LINCS Café
Having worked in the corporate world, I decided to go it alone in 2010. I can share my experience in creating my dream business with others and I’m constantly evolving my stable of businesses. It’s a privilege to work on the UoP EiR programme.
Heather Barrie is the founder and director of Harrie’s Coffee, an independent and ethical, Sussex-based supplier of coffee and coffee machines. She also co-founded My Business LINCS Café in 2021 to support owner-run businesses to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
In 2017, Heather won the special recognition award in the Business Personality category of the Chichester Observer Business Award for her outstanding local business engagement. She's also been recognised with the following awards:
- Co-author Amazon #1 Bestseller – Play The Game 2021
- Winner: Observer & Gazette Business Awards 2016, Business Personality of the Year
- Semi-finalist: Venus Awards – Portsmouth 2016, Outstanding Customer Service
- Winner: Observer & Gazette Business Awards 2015, Judge's Recognition for Customer Service
- Runner-up: Arun Business Partnership Awards 2015, Business Personality of the Year
Heather has also appeared on BBC Radio and TV, including on the Victoria Derbyshire Show. Alongside her businesses, Heather is a parish and District councillor and has a growing reputation for hosting and facilitating online events, and is building her profile as an MC and speaker.
Heather divides her time between these many demands and is currently using a lean business model to expand her online support business. In addition, she is looking to collaborate with other local businesses to provide a training service that encourages connection, learning and creativity in organisations. She's a great guest speaker, and enjoys working to inspire and support entrepreneurs to find their passion and get it out into the world.
Heather Barrie can offer particular expertise in:
- Planning a new business
- Refining your offer and defining your strengths
- Supporting entrepreneurs to connect, learn and thrive