Tuition fee refunds
Fees and payment
In some situations you might be eligible for a tuition fee refund.
Situations eligible for refunds:
- If you’re transferring, suspending or withdrawing – in suspension situations your fees are usually carried forward to the next academic year instead of being refunded
- If a sponsor or employer is now paying your fees instead of you
- If Student Finance are paying your fees with a Tuition Fee Grant or Loan
- If you’ve overpaid your fees
Requesting a refund
You should contact the relevant department or organisation to request your refund.
Refund due to:
You’ll need to contact your current department administration office for a change of status form.
You need to complete the ‘Online Withdrawal Request Form’.
Enter your Student ID Number and Date of Birth in the form and click on ‘Look up details’. This will show your first name, family name and course details. If these details are incorrect, check your Student ID with your department or Student Administration Services.
Once you’ve completed and submitted the form, you’ll get an email confirming your request. You’ll need to contact your department on the first available working day after completing this form to discuss your withdrawal and whether it’s the best option for you.
You should contact email@example.com for any overpaid fees, including any discounts you may have overpaid.
If you’re an international student and you want a refund of your deposit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you’ve sent us the relevant ‘Change of Status’, ‘Sponsor’ or ‘Student Finance’ form/letter, Student Administration Services will automatically generate your refund. If you have any questions about your refund, or if you’d like a refund during a suspension of studies, please email email@example.com.
Non-tuition fee refunds
If you think you are due a refund for something other than tuition fees, please use the relevant contact details below.
- Halls Fees – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field Trips – contact your department
- Additional Study Costs – contact your department
- Graduation Tickets – email@example.com
- Graduation Gown Hire – contact J. Wippell & Co. Ltd
- Graduation Photos – contact Success Photography
- Visa Refusals – firstname.lastname@example.org
Receiving a refund
Once you’ve sent us the relevant ‘Change of Status’, ‘Sponsor’ or ‘Student Finance’ form/letter, Student Administration Services will automatically generate your refund.
Refunds will be made to the person that originally made the payment and, where possible, by the same payment method. For example, if the payment was made online using a debit or credit card, the refund will be made back to the card account.
Please allow up to 2 weeks from requesting a refund to receiving it if all information required by Finance has been sent in. Should further information be required by Finance, it could take up to 4 weeks. Please note that refunds may be withheld if you are in debt to the University.
If you require any further information regarding tuition fee refunds, please email us at email@example.com. If you have any questions about your refund, or if you’d like a refund during a suspension of studies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.