Get mentored by a top employer, fund your startup ideas and latest part time jobs
The latest careers opportunities including the IBM mentoring scheme, careers events, part time jobs, volunteering roles and funding for your start up ideas.
Work with multinational technology and consulting company IBM, as part of a mentoring programme designed to provide you insight into a career area that interests you. The scheme involves one hour virtual meetings with a mentor at the company to increase your awareness about employability, the general recruitment process, key competencies employers are looking for and to learn from your mentor’s personal experience.
Applications are open now until 29 November. Contact the Careers and Employability team for more information.
- 30 Minute Guide to ‘Career Planning’ Thursday 19 November 12.00pm - 12.30pm Book
- 30 Minute Guide to ‘Brand Me’ Thursday 19 November 12.00pm - 12.30pm Book
- Employer Lunchtime Bites ‘Effective Applications with IBM’ Thursday 19 November 1.00pm - 1.30pm Book
- Employer Lunchtime Bites ‘Women in Leadership with BAE Systems’ Thursday 19 November 1.30pm - 2.00pm Book
- 30 Minute Guide to ‘Making the most out of MyCareer’ Monday 23 November 12.30pm - 1.00pm Book
- 30 Minute Guide to ‘Finding Part-time Work’ Tuesday 24 November 12.00pm - 12.30pm Book
- Employer Lunchtime Bites ‘An Introduction to FDM’ Tuesday 24 November 1.00pm - 1.30pm Book
- RouteToStartup ‘Virtual Developstation 3’ Thursday 26 November 2.00pm - 3.30pm Book
Check out our Events Listings for more information about our events and details on how to secure your place.
Part time jobs
A couple of new University of Portsmouth roles on the board this week, to check out all Part Time and Christmas roles please head to mycareer.port.ac.uk.
- Res Life Assistant - University of Portsmouth - £9.33 per hour
- Project Administrator - University of Portsmouth - £15.76 per hour
- Customer Service Consultant - HMRC - Portsmouth - £19,000 to £21,000 Pro Rata for part time
- Sales Assistant - Quba New Store Opening- Gunwharf Quays - part time pay to be confirmed
- Specialist Family Support Worker - Portsmouth City Council - £12,000 to £14,000
- Sales Assistant - Gunwharf Quays - Part Time Pay to be confirmed
- Retail Assistant - Primark - UK Wide Including Portsmouth - From £8.35 per hour
- Finance Administrator - Homestart - Hampshire Locations inc Havant and Fareham - £18,000 - £21,000 pro rata
Follow on Instagram @uopcareers.
- Online - Save The Children Student Ambassador Volunteer - Save the Children (Closing date 23 November 2020)
- Online - Social Media Volunteer - Bee-Released Counselling
- Online -Marketing and Graphic Design Volunteer - Bee-Released Counselling
- Online - HR and Policy Research Volunteer - Bee-Released Counselling
- Online - Funding Support Volunteer - Bee-Released Counselling
Start up funding
Whether you need funding to help test an idea, do some market research or develop an existing start up, we have grants available for all students to apply for. Turn your ideas into a reality with a grant of up to £1,000 or simply explore them with up to £300.
Applications are open now until Sunday 13 December. Find out more and apply.