IBM CAREER MENTORING SCHEME
Exclusively for second year UoP undergraduates
The IBM mentoring scheme is a programme designed to provide you with invaluable insight into a career area that interests you. As a second year undergraduate at the University of Portsmouth, you have the opportunity to develop your confidence and key skills to prepare you for your graduate career, regardless of degree discipline.
There is no other company like IBM and there is no business professional like the IBMer who are experts in technical and business fields. IBM creates advanced technology to change how clients work. And through them, IBMers change how the world works.
Applications are open from 7th November to midnight Sunday 20th November 2022. The scheme will then start on Wednesday 7th December 2022 with a welcome session at the Careers and Employability Service to give you all the information you need. You must attend this session.
The scheme will then run until the end of May 2023.
You will have monthly one hour virtual meetings with your mentor to increase your awareness about employability, the general recruitment process, key competencies employers are looking for and learn from your mentor’s personal experience.
Quotes from previous IBM Career Mentoring Scheme participants:
- "It gave me valuable insight and information about the industry”
- “There was an excellent understanding between us and we were able to develop an open and honest mentoring relationship. My mentor understood the pace that best suited me and I have found the scheme very beneficial in terms of the knowledge and growth I have acquired since then”
- “As we were well matched we could talk about a lot more than I had originally planned. I feel I have gotten much more out of the programme”
- “My mentor asked me what I wanted to learn and what experiences I was expecting to gain, I’m pleased to say all of my expectations were met”
- “They were very supportive and understanding”
Applications will open on the 7th November.
To apply fill in the application form.
Places are limited and this is a competitive process, completion of the application does not guarantee you a position.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 20th November.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com