If you've been using mental health services before you come to university or develop a diagnosed complex mental health condition then it’s a good idea to let the University know as soon as possible.

Our Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre can provide advice about all the extra support and ‘reasonable adjustments’ available. The Student Wellbeing Service can also help you access appropriate NHS mental health services, where relevant. You could also request a place on the weekly Being You course which focuses on skills for managing life as a student alongside a mental health condition.

Read more here about these services available to you, and how to arrange for continuing mental health care at uni.

Useful resources for ongoing mental health issues

Mind > 

For information about psychosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, other mental health conditions and antipsychotic medication, the national charity Mind is a good place to start.


Student Space >

Student Space is a collection of advice and resources led by Student Minds, the UK’s student mental health charity.

More wellbeing help

Take a look at our other resources and sources of support for help with everything - from issues with alcohol, to healing from trauma.

Access resources and support >

Wellbeing courses, workshops and events

Get involved in the free support available for you at uni, including support groups, drop-in events and the annual Feel Good Fest.

Young women painting glassware
Read more

Wellbeing resources and other support

Expert advice recommended by our Student Wellbeing Service

B Roll shoot
Read more

Student Wellbeing Service

Learn more about the help we offer for personal and emotional worries.

Students getting health and wellbeing support
Read more

Contact the Student Wellbeing Service

Access mental health support and guidance from our friendly team of wellbeing advisers, counsellors and advisers:

Register for help >

Or you can contact us via:

You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.

Worried about a student? Whether you're a friend, member of University staff, family member or medical professional you can raise a concern so our service can help.