Graduate opportunities booming
The University’s Careers and Employability Service currently has over 600 graduate jobs and schemes on its MyCareer jobs board, with more companies adding new graduate roles every day.
Whether you want to work in Portsmouth, further afield in the UK, or even abroad, there’s a job out there to suit your ambitions.
Here’s a (small) selection of the current vacant positions on the MyCareer jobs board:
- Influencer Marketing Assistant for a Social Transformation company
- Financial Research Analyst in Technology Sector intelligence
- HR Graduate for Avara Foods
- Work for a local charity like Motiv8, or
- With a multinational confectionery company like Mondelez (think Cadburys)
More perks for Portsmouth graduates
What’s more, many companies are offering graduates new benefits and positive working environments such as hybrid working arrangements, pet-friendly offices and flexible hours - as well as opportunities for career development.
Examples of additional perks and benefits include:
- An on-site gym with Pladis’ ‘Future Leaders’ Graduate Programme
- A healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes as well as a free crash course in German
- Free breakfast and snacks - as well as a twice-yearly bonus - for Oliver’s Travels’ new Villa Product Assistant
- Storm Communications is offering a pet-friendly office for their next Account Assistant
- Hybrid working arrangements for the University of Portsmouth’s next Graduate Media Assistant
Although the pandemic has caused some disruption, 2022 is shaping up to be a great year for job seekers. There are plenty of graduate jobs out there offering a fulfilling career along with many additional benefits to make the transition from student to graduate life that much easier.