Welcome to Portsmouth
Get started on University life with our Welcome to Portsmouth programme
Our Welcome to Portsmouth programme will help prepare you for university life - it’s great to have you joining our friendly, diverse and supportive community.
New students will receive a series of emails once they’ve completed their student registration form with details of how to:
- join sports clubs and student societies and meet people virtually on your course
- prepare for academic learning with pre-arrival modules
- get your induction and teaching timetables
- find essential info such as key dates, campus maps and where to catch the free Uni bus
- plus you could win one of 50 University hoodies by taking part in our online treasure hunt!
Online Treasure Hunt - take part
New students starting September 2023 can win one of 50 free uni hoodies in our prize draw by completing our four-part quiz. The questions will be sent as part of our Welcome to Portsmouth emails.
Once you’ve got answers to all four questions you can complete the form to enter the prize draw.
Please only use your university email address to enter to help us make sure you’re a Portsmouth student (for example, UP1234567@myport.ac.uk).
We’ll contact the lucky winners drawn at random who can pick up their purple, grey, burgundy or navy coloured hoodie from the Students’ Union shop on Cambridge Road (sorry we can't do deliveries). Please read our terms and conditions below for full details.
- Entrants must be registered University of Portsmouth students with a valid university email address
- Entrants must correctly answer all questions in the answer form and complete all required fields
Online Treasure Hunt Competition Terms and Conditions
- You must be a current student at the University and use your university email address to enter (for example, UP1234567@myport.ac.uk).
- There is one entry per person.
- Closing date for entries is 11:59pm on Sunday 29 October 2023.
- The 50 winners will be drawn at random and contacted by their university email address to arrange collection from the Students’ Union shop on Cambridge Road. Sorry, we can’t do deliveries.
- The promoter is: University of Portsmouth whose registered office is at University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2UP.
- By entering this competition, the entrant indicates their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and route to entry are as follows: Entrants must be registered University of Portsmouth students with a valid university email address. Entrants must correctly answer all three questions in the answer form and complete all required fields.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
- Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The prize is 1 free classic hoodie (with a retail value of £25).
- Prizes must be claimed by 4.00pm on 1 December 2023.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value.
- The winner will be chosen at random by software from all correct and completed entries received.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. The University does not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
19. You are providing your information to the University of Portsmouth only and not to any other party.
20. The University reserves the right to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
Modules to get you started with your studies
Prepare for the year ahead or refresh your memory when you return for a new academic year.
Student charter and graduate hallmarks
Helping your achieve your potential.
Life on Campus
Discover the opportunities and services you can access as a student with us, and find your way around campus with our downloadable map.