Applying for my first student card

As part of your initial registration process you will be asked to complete; "Getting your Account", "Registration", and "Applying for your University Student Card" at Please note, the student card can only be applied for 24 hours after "Getting your Account" and "Registration" steps above.

You can only apply once, please make sure you have a suitable, passport style JPG photo to upload.Staff card example

Lost card

To order a new card visit the Replacement Card Portal and select 'Lost card' as your reason for ordering.

The fee for replacing a lost or damaged student card is £10. If you are a distance learner or part-time student and require postal delivery there will be an additional £1.50 charge for this service.

My card has expired

You can request a replacement card one month before your card expires. The expiry date is based on your course end-date plus 56 days

Please request a replacement card via the Replacement Card Portal. You may be asked to provide a photo of your existing card.

Unless you have purchased a replacement card, you must exchange your original card for the new card when you collect it.If you cannot produce the existing card it will be deemed lost.

Distance Learners

Your student card is required for access to the Distance Learning Support Servicefor books, scans, and inter-library loans. This card also provides the necessary official identification if you wish to use other university libraries in the UK through SCONUL Access. More information about SCONUL Access is found here.

Course change

Your existing card does not need replacing as couse information is not displayed.

Lost student card just before my exam

Please contact your relevant Myport Hub who can advise on the best course of action.

Access to buildings

Your card should allow entry into all the buildings you would require on a daily basis. If you require access to buildings outside this scope, you will need to contact your Myport Hub in order for them to make the relevant access requests.

Student discounts

Most establishments will only accept NUS cards, but some local establishments may offer discounts when a Student card is shown such as cinemas, shops, hairdressers, etc.

For help regarding this article, bulk printing or if using Windows 11, a Macbook or your own device, please contact IT Support. If using a Linux device please click here.