A student speaker is a selected representative from the ceremony cohort who delivers a speech to their peers, guests and university staff at the ceremony.
Benefits of being a student speaker
As a student speaker, you’ll have the opportunity to address your peers, guests and university staff at one of the year's most prestigious events.
Your speech will contribute to a fulfilling and memorable day for all those attending. It’s a rare achievement that will enhance your CV.
As a student speaker, you’ll also receive an exclusive graduation package. This includes:
- An invite to the VIP room before the ceremony
- VIP seating for your guests
- Free academic dress hire
- Free professional photography
You’ll also receive training in writing and delivering speeches.
Applying to be a student speaker
Applications for student speakers for the class of 2021 are not yet open. Once open, we’ll send all Graduates the link to the application form and publish it here with a deadline for submission.
We’ve already allocated student speakers for the class of 2020.
Before submitting an application please ensure that you:
- Carefully read and consider the student speaker information, including the terms of the speech and mandatory training dates
- Check to see if you have committed to any events which may occur during the training and preparation stage to ensure, as far as possible, you can attend the mandatory training and have the time to develop your speech
- Consider any possible eventualities which might impact your ability to fulfil your responsibilities as a student speaker