Discover hundreds of opportunities
Find out more about the MyCareer jobs board
Last updated: Friday 2 June 2023
If you are looking for some part-time work to earn some extra cash, we have plenty of job opportunities available for you! Whether you are looking for something to fit around your studies or want to gain some work experience, there are so many options to choose from.
Don't forget to take a look at our Make Your Summer Count toolkit designed to make sure you get the most out of your break.
Whatever stage you are at on your career journey, there is an opportunity for you. Log in to MyCareer today to get the latest jobs and opportunities sent straight to you.
- Hotel Guest Services Assistant, Portsmouth, £NMW
- Retail Sales Assistant, Portsmouth £NMW
- Ticket Office Executive, Chichester, £10.62ph
- Menswear Specialist, Portsmouth, £ Competitive
- Kitchen Porter, Portsmouth, £10.42 - £11.50 ph
Summer Part-Time Jobs
- Research Internship, London, £24,500 pro rata
- Passenger Service Assistant, Portsmouth, £20,000 - £25,000 pro rata
- Risk, Legal and Compliance Intern, London, £18,500 pro rata
- Customer Service Case Manager, Chichester, £21,500 pro rata
- Seasonal Sales Teammate, Portsmouth, £Competitive
- Quality and H&S Manager, Hampshire, £52,000 - £58,000
- Dental Hygienist, Bristol, From £32 ph
- Student Advice Service Manager, Portsmouth, £23,800 - £27,000
- Part 2 Architectural Assistant, Hampshire, £Competitive
- Graduate Geologist, Nottingham, £20,000 - £25,000
Register with the Graduate Recruitment Consultancy
Are you a final-year student, interested in securing a graduate-level role in Portsmouth or the surrounding areas? You should register with our free Graduate Recruitment Consultancy service.
Our recruitment team can offer you support with interviews and feedback, and help source jobs on your behalf. Some of our roles are exclusively available to students registered with the consultancy
- Festival of Storytelling Event Assistant - Portsmouth Cathedral
- Assistant Sports Coach Volunteer - Spirit in Sport
- Events Volunteer - Over the Wall
- Volunteer Youth Worker - LGBTQ plus youth provision - Y Services
- Ethnic Grow - Gardening Volunteer - Portsmouth City Council - Independence and Wellbeing Team
Undergraduate Placement Opportunities
Hoping to secure an undergraduate placement next academic year? It's not too late! Take a look at this week's highlighted roles.
- Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries: Animation Team Intern, 3 Months, Summer Internship - Liquona
- Faculty of Science: Reserves Officer - Placement Year on Alderney in the Channel Islands
- Faculty of Technology: Undergraduate Civil Engineer Placement - Cappagh
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science: Research Assistants - Hampshire Constabulary
- Faculty of Business and Law: Marketing Assistant Intern - Tomy
Visit our website to learn more about completing a placement. You can search for placement opportunities through the placements portal of MyCareer.
Last chance to apply to undertake a Self-Employment Placement year (SEP). You can use your placement year to develop your enterprise skills whilst starting up and running a business, social enterprise or simply acting as a freelancer. For more information contact email@example.com
Book your one to one session with a member of the team to discuss any ideas you may wish to develop. Book direct on MyCareer by selecting ‘Enterprise Advice’ on the appointment tab.
Lloyds Banking Group - Summer Virtual 2-Day Insight Sessions - Start Your Journey 2023
Each Start Your Journey 2023 event runs for 2 days throughout June, July, and August – and is split into two sessions. One session will focus on Employability, and the other will focus on Technology & Data.
What can you expect from each event?
Start Your Journey - Employability Event
- Develop the skills you need to start your career and transition into the workplace.
- Build your confidence in communication and collaboration – and work with others in interactive case studies.
- Develop job application and interview techniques.
- Discover your personal brand, manage your goal setting and uncover your full potential.
- Meet and network with Lloyds Banking Group colleagues.
Start Your Journey - Technology & Data Event
- Learn more about the tech roles across Lloyds Banking Group – and how each department works together to deliver technology across the Group.
- Get involved in interactive case studies alongside Lloyds Banking Group colleagues – including problem-solving and coding activities (no prior coding experience required.)
- Develop the skills and confidence to support your transition into a tech workplace.
- Meet like-minded people, develop your skills, and learn more about yourself.
Simply sign up for the event you’d like to attend – and kickstart your career journey! Sign up today
Check out our Events Listing for more information about our events and details on how to secure your place.
If you're having issues accessing MyCareer please get in touch with us by visiting the Careers and Employability Centre, calling us on 023 9284 2684, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.