Festival of Doctoral Research
Submit your research poster into our Festival of Doctoral Research competition to be in with a chance of winning a prize.
Research Poster Competition
We are inviting all current postgraduate researchers (PGRs) to submit a poster for the upcoming Festival of Doctoral Research on Thursday 7 July, 2022. We will be shortlisting posters for presentation at the in-person event and in our online gallery.
Thursday 7 July 2022.
We will showcase your posters online, and also display them on the 7 July 2022 in Eldon Building, Room 1.08.
Guidelines - what we need from you
- An A1 poster in either portrait or landscape format.
- Your entry must be electronic and submitted as a PowerPoint slide or PDF. If you are also able to provide us with an existing physical copy please bring it to the Graduate School by 17 June 2022.
- Your poster should summarise your research to non-subject specialists.
- Your poster should include your name, UoP logo, Faculty and the title of your research.
- Provided that a non-subject specialist could easily understand it, you are welcome to submit a poster you have presented at your faculty research conference or at another internal or external conference.
- Those whose posters are shortlisted will have their poster displayed in Eldon Building, Room 1.08 on Thursday 7 July 2022, and online.
- You will not be expected to prepare an oral presentation to accompany your poster.
You may find design inspiration via the following sources:
Who can apply?
All current doctoral and MRes research students, including those undertaking professional doctorates, who have not graduated before 1 June 2022.
The short-listing process will be based on three criteria, which are equally weighted:
- Poster design – composition and use of space to set out the research.
- Words and visuals – how well do they complement each other?
- Communication – the success of the poster to communicate to a non-subject specialist.
The panel will comprise professors from across the University.
First prize £100
Second prize £50