Obtaining a University Staff Card for the first time
Your department will generate a request for a staff card for you as a part of the new starters administration process. During this time you will be asked to upload a digital, passport-style photograph. This process will be activated once a HR Staff Record has been created.
Once you have completed the online registration process, you will be able to collect your staff card from the University Library at any time the Library is staffed. Current and upcoming Libary opening and staffing hours are always available from the Library website.
Replacing your University Staff Card
If your card has been lost, stolen, damaged, or is faulty you can request a replacement via the self-service form below:
About your staff card
Information on your card
- Staff number
- Library (borrower) number
- Name (forename, family name)
- Your staff photo
- Issue number
Your staff card is your passport to access a range of university buildings and services
You should carry your staff card at all times on campus as proof of your identity.
Your staff card is also:
- your library card
- your door access control card to University buildings
- your access to student services such as printing, laptop loans, catering loyalty points, sport and recreation and the free University bus
- monitoring your engagement at on-campus events, exams and face-to-face classes
If your staff card is lost or stolen, please: