Win 2 free tickets to Portsmouth Ice Rink
We’ve got two free tickets exclusively for students to the Portsmouth Ice Rink in Guildhall Square, which can be used anytime until 9 January.
It’s one of the most popular things to do in the city over the festive season - and this is your chance to give it a go for free!
To enter the prize draw you just need to:
- Join our UoP Students Facebook Group (if you’re not already a member) with your student number e.g. UP1234567
- Comment on the competition post by tagging who you would bring with your spare ticket and why by 11.59pm on Sunday 5 December (the terms and conditions below have full details)
Why join the Facebook Group?
Win free stuff! We regularly run competitions in the group, where all you’ll need to do is comment on a post and you’ll be entered to win prizes such as University merchandise or gift cards.
Connect with other students - Need to find a new house mate or want to know who has the same classes as you? Do you need volunteers for your research project? Post in the group to over 4,000 student members and meet new people with similar interests.
Ask questions - need an answer to a quick question? Feel free to ask it here and either we or other students can help.
Keep up to date with all things UoP - We’ll share regular updates and useful info to keep you in the loop with what is going on at the Uni, such as events and job opportunities, info about the campus and where to get support and advice.
Ice Rink Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is: University of Portsmouth whose registered office is at University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2UP.
2. The competition is open to members of the University of Portsmouth UoP Students Facebook Group only.
3. One winner for 2 tickets for Portsmouth on Ice: Portsmouth Ice Skating at Guildhall Square will be selected at random.
4.There is no entry fee and no purchase of any goods or services is necessary to enter this competition.
5. By entering this competition, the entrant indicates their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. One entry per Facebook Group member will be accepted. The member who published the entry will be considered the entrant. Members that have been tagged in an entry will not be entered into the competition, unless that member has also published their own entry. Tagged Facebook Group members are not entitled to any element of the prize.
7. Closing date for entries is 23.59 on Sunday 5 December 2021.
- Entrants must join or be current members of the University of Portsmouth UoP Students Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UoPStudents/
- Entrants must publish a comment on the designated competition post within the University of Portsmouth UoP Students Facebook Group by the given closing date and time.
- The comment must include an ‘@’ tagged mention of another member of the group and written description of why they have chosen this person.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
- The Entrant will be granted both tickets and can choose who to take at their own discretion; it does not need to be the group member tagged in their winning entry.
- Two tickets will be granted for a chosen time slot by the Winner, subject to availability between Saturday 27 November 2021 – Sunday 9 Jan 2022
- Tickets can not be redeemed on 24, 25 or 26 December 2021
- The two tickets need to redeemed on the same day and time slot
- The time slot must be pre arranged with Portsmouth on Ice before the prize is issued to the Winner.
- The composition of tickets will be determined by Portsmouth on Ice’s sole discretion.
15. The Winner will be chosen at random by software from all entries received and verified by the promoter and/or its agents.
16. If the Winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within seven days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and pick a replacement Winner.
17. The promoter will notify the Winner when and where the prize can be collected/is delivered.
18. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
20. The winner agrees to the use of their name in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the Winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
21. The Winner’s name will be available 28 days after each competition’s closing date by writing to the following address: University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2UP.
22. The University does not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
23. You are providing your information to University of Portsmouth only and not to any other party.
24. The University reserves the right to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.