Getting into the building
Access is via the rear door in Ravelin Park: the main entrance on Cambridge Road will be closed for about 2-3 weeks, so please follow the signs outside the building to enter the building.
All registered staff and students and External members should bring their University card with them. We do have a new process in place for dealing with forgotten cards which will only be offered when Library staff are on duty, which will be a pilot today.
Registered users collecting a card should identify themselves as they come into the building. Staff will be able to issue their card when on duty (as per the Reception Desk hours on the website).
A new process for dealing with visitors is in place, for piloting today: visitors need to bring the requisite ID and introduce themselves as they come into the building. Visitor access will only be offered when the Library staff are on duty (as per the Reception Desk hours on the website)
Services back to normal
- All the Group Study Rooms are now available for booking.
- The Library Cafe is back open for food and drink
- All the laptop lockers are now back online.
Limits on the building
- We have limits on numbers in the building: this is because we have limited toilet facilities at the moment. Please look out for signage directing you to the toilet facilities.
- If we reach 1500 users, we will have to limit entries on a 'one-in, one-out' basis or direct you to use one of the other social learning spaces in the University.
- We are working to get these open soon and to increase the number of users allowed in the building. We will update this webpage once we know when this will happen.
We thank you for your patience.