New year, new job?
Don’t let the latest lockdown demotivate you from focusing on your career goals. This could be a great time to spend some time on your CV and think about the next steps in your career journey. The Careers and Employability team are here to help, with a new list of virtual events and helpful tips on finding your next part time job and informal drop-in sessions where you can chat to an adviser and ask them any questions.
- 30 Minute Guide to Doctoral Study Thursday 14 January 10.00am - 10.30am Book
- 30 Minute Guide to Finding Jobs on MyCareer Monday 18 January 12.30pm - 1.00pm Book
- Careers Cuppa! Informal drop-in session Monday 18 January 2.00pm - 2.30pm Book
- 30 Minute Guide to Finding Part-Time Work Tuesday 19 January 12.00pm - 12.30pm Book
There are a good number of part time roles on MyCareer with start dates over the next couple of months. Don’t forget jobs are closing quickly so apply early.
- Retail Merchandiser - Gosport - £6.75 to £8.72 per hour
- Marketing Officer - Portsmouth - £29,000 - £32,000 pro rata
- Summer Temporary Event Staff covid dependant - local area - competitive salary
- Administration Officer - Portsmouth - £16,000 - £19,000 pro rata
- Freelance YouTube Video Editing/Filming covid dependant - Southampton - competitive salary
- Residence Life Assistants - UOP - £9.33 per hour
- Customer Assistants - Portsmouth - competitive salary
- Care Support Worker - Southampton - £9.89 per hour
Online volunteering roles
You can still volunteer your time even while staying at home with these online roles:
- Online Student Experience Officer Volunteer - University of Portsmouth Students’ Union (Closing date 25 Jan 2021)
- Online Student Council Chair Volunteer - University of Portsmouth Students’ Union (Closing date 25 Jan 2021)
- Online Student Liberation Officer Volunteer - University of Portsmouth Students’ Union (Closing date 25 Jan 2021)
- Online Student Trustee Volunteer - University of Portsmouth Students’ Union (Closing date extended 29 Jan 2021)
Have you already done some volunteering? If so, click here and add it to your record.