Ahead of World Wellbeing Week starting Monday 22 June, the University’s mental fitness partners at Fika have created a new expert programme, ‘Be Your Best Self’. It includes free, expert guidance from psychologist Dr Fran Longstaff on how to:
- Get into the ‘now’ and let go of uncertainty
- Show yourself some kindness
- Set boundaries
- Let your values guide you
- Make use of your strengths
- Re-evaluate what’s important
Here is Dr Fran’s video on showing yourself some kindness - something which has been shown to reduce our fear of failure, make us more likely to persist towards our goals, and improve our motivation to change and learn from mistakes.
To benefit from the rest of this evidence-based programme, take a look at the ‘Be Your Best Self’ section in the Fika app.
Access to Fika is FREE for all University of Portsmouth students and staff.
Get your copy of the Fika app
- Download the app and click ‘get started for free’
- Select your institution from the drop-down list
- Register with your University of Portsmouth email address and a desired password
- Check your inbox for a verification email & click the link within the email
- Complete registration and enjoy Fika!