Campus coffee shops and sports facilities reopen
A number of facilities and services have reopened this week as students and staff start to return to campus.
Some services will be operating at reduced capacity and opening hours as we reopen campus with measures in place to keep you safe while you are on campus and reduce the risk of infection.
Please play your part by wearing a face covering, wash your hands, keep socially distanced, limit social gatherings up to 6 people, and get yourself tested - with or without symptoms.
- University Bus - The U1 circular service is free if you show your student card. The buses will be operating at 50% capacity during 2020/21 to comply with social distancing guidelines. Every bus will be equipped with hand sanitisers for passengers to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. Face coverings must be worn and no alcohol is allowed on the buses. Click for timetable and route map.
- MyPort Information Hubs - The network is your starting point should you need support or guidance with any aspect of University life. The MyPort Hub at Nuffield has reopened for face-to-face enquiries, as well as for phone and email enquiries. The other 7 MyPort Hubs will remain closed for the time being, but will be open for phone and email enquiries as normal during opening hours.
- Campus coffee shops - Seven out of the 10 campus coffees shops have reopened with reduced hours of 9.00am to 3.00pm for two weeks. Normal opening hours will begin from 21 September. There are no plans to open Pitstop in the Students’ Union Building, St George’s Cafe or 901 in Anglesea at this time. Click for locations and loyalty card details.
- St Pauls and Spinnaker Sports Centres - both centres have reopened. Gym access is available to members via bookings only. Members will need to arrive ‘workout ready’ as there are no changing or shower facilities available. Fitness classes will be restarting from Monday with reduced capacity. Racket sports and pay and play are currently unavailable. More details can be found on our new sport website.
- The Library - The Library has been open since July, with new safety measures in place to protect students and staff while inside. Opening hours are currently 9.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, but new opening hours will be in place from 5 October for the start of the academic year.