Cofounder and Director of Carrington West
I am excited to support students who have interest in entrepreneurialism and business leadership. Small businesses can be the life blood of our communities, and building them is something I am passionate about.
Simon is a University of Portsmouth graduate and Cofounder of Carrington West, a technical recruitment company in Southsea.
The company is a multi-award-winning organisation, 70 people strong and has a turnover of £50m in a year, with an annual staff retention rate of 92 per cent. Carrington West has been named as both 'Portsmouth’s Employer of the Year', and the 'Best Recruitment Company in the UK to Work For' (2016 and 2019).
With other businesses in the hospitality and property sectors, Simon’s philosophy is one of constant self-development, culture creation and ensuring everyone he works with has a clear vision for themselves, both inside and outside of work.
Simon works closely with his colleagues and coaches them on their goals, habits, and mindset to ensure that everyday is an opportunity, whilst finding daily happiness in the progress on their journey.
Simon Gardiner offers particular expertise in:
- Pre-launch, starting and scaling a business
- Formulation of effective recruitment procedures and candidate coaching
- Vision setting, goals setting and objective planning
- Effective working, planning your time and self-management
- Mindset, focus and personal performance
- Creating a winning company culture