Professor at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
His work has included raising and managing a venture capital fund, and he continues to be a business angel investor.
Alan is a Professor at Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge, as well as in European and Chinese Universities. He also teaches at Universities in the UK, Europe, North America and Asia. His current work heavily focuses on the development of UK-China trade and relationships, which includes cross-continental investment. His most recent appointment was as Chairman of an RMB 3 million Chinese technology venture fund.
As a trustee of various charities, Alan also supports and promotes the vision of "a world without borders".
Alan is available to host cohort visits to Cambridge University, where students can:
- Take part in events to exchange ideas with Cambridge University students
- Visit the Future Business Centre
- Tour the Science Park and Innovator Centre
- Meet and exchanging ideas with Cambridge University enterprise society students
Alan also works with the University of Portsmouth to generate ideas for enterprise within the University's curriculum. Due to his location, Alan will need to be booked in advance for any engagement as part of the Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIR) programme.
Alan Barrell offers particular expertise in:
- Operating in a global market
- Enterprise in a curriculum
- UK-China trade and relationships