Festival of Doctoral Research
Showcase your research with self expression and creative flair.
Bake Your Thesis
A representation of your research with baked goods. These must be homemade, by yourself (no cheating and buying from the bakery counter). Get creative.
Thursday 7 July 2022.
Your kitchen. Photographs will need to be submitted and will be judged on the day.
Guidelines - what we need from you
To apply, please complete the application form by 12.00pm on Friday 17 June. You will need to submit the following:
- A maximum of three photographs of your bake from different angles in .jpeg or .png file format
- Your thesis title
- 150 word (max) overview of your research
- A brief sentence describing the type of bake (i.e.- Victoria sponge, with jam and cream filling, and royal icing)
- Completed consent form
Apart from having a bit of fun, it’s a fantastic way to develop research communication skills, and raise your profile. We’ll be sharing via our social media channels and the website, and the joy of this being in-person and online is that you can take part wherever you are in the world.
Who can apply?
All current doctoral and MRes research students, including those undertaking professional doctorates, who have not graduated before 1 June 2022.
First place £100
Second place £50
- Communicate your research creatively
- Communicate your research to everyone (including a non-academic audience)
- Style and flair.
The competition will be judged by public vote on the day of the festival.