students moving into halls

Making yourself at home

Whether you're living in our halls or private rented accommodation, we're on hand to help make moving in easier

Coronavirus update

You can find information about moving in during September 2021, including safety measures we've put in place on our Accommodation in 2021/22 page.

We have a variety of halls of residence accommodation and an established private sector housing market in the city at various prices. We provide extensive housing support to all students.

If you've firmly accepted a place on a full-time course starting in September, you can apply for accommodation online by submitting an application. Places are allocated subject to availability at the time we receive your application.

We'll send you details of how to apply when you hold an offer with us. If your application is successful for a hall room, we'll ask you to pay a £250 deposit to accept and confirm your booking.

Private rented accommodation

Private rented accommodation in the city is mostly in shared student houses or lodgings, and our housing team can help you find accommodation – and meet other students to share with too.

We recommend that you use our official private sector accommodation website, where landlords register their accommodation with our housing team. Alternatively, you can use the Student Union's partner accommodation agencies.

However you decide to find a house, please make sure you do not send money to a landlord or agency until you have seen, in person, the house or flat you want.

If you have any questions about securing accommodation or would like your contract checked, our Student Housing team will be happy to help.

If you are an EU student, please email

If you are an international (non-EU) student, please email

This site uses cookies. Click here to view our cookie policy message.

Accept and close