We are extremely busy with calls and emails at this time.
The Service Desk is available from 8.00am - 5.15pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.00am - 4.30pm on Friday. Outside of these hours there is limited support offered by our out of hours team from 8.00am until midnight 7 days a week.
The Service Desk
The Service Desk is your single point of contact for all IT related Problems and queries. You can report IT issues and log and track any service requests you make via our Self Service portal. If you are having trouble logging into your account, give us a call, chat with us or use our dedicated Login Problems form.
If you need IT support you can:
- Chat with us using our virtual assistant or with a Service Desk Analyst during working hours - click the Chat Support button in the lower right of this page.
- Call us on extension 7777 or +44 (0)23 9284 7777
- Get in touch via Self Service to Make a Request or Report a Fault. If you can't login, call us or use this Login Problems form
- You can also track your open tickets via Self Service.
Student IT Help Advisers
IT Help Advisers (ITHs) are situated at the support desks in our open access areas.
The IT Help Advisers are on hand to give students support and advice on a wide range of university IT issues, including:
- Connecting to the university wireless networks
- IS open access areas and shared teaching spaces
- Using your university computer account
- Papercut printing
- Basic virus removal guidance
- University related IT service
- Advice on how to obtain local discounted repairs to damaged hardware or corrupted operating systems
ITHs are available during the following times:
- Term time - 08:00 - 00:00 (midnight) 7 days a week.
- Vacation (not including bank holidays) - 09:00 - 20:00 (Mon-Fri), 10:00 - 16:00 (Sat-Sun).
Out of hours support
Outside core University hours, we offer limited IT support, via our out of hours team, available from 17:00 - 08:00 during the week and 24 hours a day during weekends and bank holidays. Support during these times can be obtained by telephoning the normal Service Desk number above. Support provided includes:
- Password changes
- Moodle access
- Portal access
- Wireless connectivity
- Remote file access