This article will provide detailed information on which student wellbeing courses and workshops are available.
Throughout the academic year, the Student Wellbeing Service runs a series of workshops and courses for students (see: events, courses and workshops programme). They are designed to provide a range of opportunities for personal development alongside support for some of the common issues students face.
This year’s programme will help to improve wellbeing as well as providing useful skills for a healthy and balanced life, relationships, and employability. All courses and workshops are run in small groups and offer a chance to share and learn from others in a confidential and relaxed environment. You will not be asked to share personal or sensitive information but will be encouraged to practice strategies and implement them into your own life.
Our courses and workshops are run in small groups and offer a chance to share and learn from others in a relaxed and friendly environment. You will not be asked to share personal information but will have the opportunity to develop strategies that are relevant to you. The courses and workshops draw on concepts from:
1. Compassionate Mind Training: Be a better friend to yourself
2. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: CBT skills for life.
- They will be run by different members of the Student Wellbeing Service team and practitioners from the NHS Talking Change Service.
- Each workshop is an introduction to an area and you will not be expected to provide lots of personal information or to share anything you’re not comfortable with. They will give you a good foundation to take further, self-directed steps forward and will provide information about further resources.
- All participants will be asked not to discuss what anyone says outside the course, to ensure a confidential and comfortable environment.
- Courses can provide a uniquely beneficial environment to develop useful new skills with others experiencing similar challenges.
- To get the most out of a course, each member will need to agree to keep other participants’ personal information confidential and to behave respectfully towards each other, as well as regular and punctual attendance.
- Registration opens a month before the start of each course or workshop (or earlier for those running early in the new year).
- We are rolling four week mindfulness which you can join at any time. It's an informal, safe space to unwind, maintain your mindfulness practice and to meet like-minded people!
- Tuesdays 5-4pm 15 October 2019 - 24 March 2020 term time only in the Nuffield Centre
- Contact the Student Wellbeing Service to enrol: email@example.com
University of Portsmouth Student Wellbeing Service Contact Details:
Phone: +44 (0)23 9284 3466
Location: The Bateson Centre, The Mary Rose St, Portsmouth, PO1 2BL