There may be an occasion when you feel unhappy with the decision made by the Module Assessment Board, the Board of Examiners or the Extenuating Circumstances Officer. If this is the case, you can lodge an appeal.

You can't appeal simply because you're unhappy with your mark.

Visit the following page for details of the Appeals Procedures of the University:

If your concerns do not fall under the Appeals procedures, you may wish to make a complaint.

You are expected to attempt to resolve your concerns by raising them informally as soon as possible with the member of staff most directly concerned (see section 2 of the Student Complaint Procedure).

If this is not possible due to the breakdown of relations between yourself and the member of staff, you should contact your Personal Tutor. By the end of any discussions, you should both understand what will be done to remedy the situation. The University encourages the early resolution of complaints and hopes that the majority of concerns can be dealt with quickly.

If your concerns are not resolved by the end of these discussions you may contact the Complaints team ( for advice on submitting a formal complaint.