This article provides information regarding specific funding for disabled students.


Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)

UK students are normally eligible to seek financial support from their funding authority to cover the costs of additional disability-related academic support associated with their studies.

If you have a disability, medical condition or Specific Learning Difference (e.g. Dyslexia), you may be eligible forDSA.The support you get depends on your individual learning needs.You can find out more by looking at the information from the funding body applicable to you:

Student Finance England

Student Finance Wales

Student Finance Northern Ireland

Student Awards Agency for Scotland Student (Eire) Jersey


If you think you might be eligible, we can advise and guide you through the process. You can find our contact details on the following link: ASDAC contact details.

If you are a Global student or studying a course not supported by any of the funding bodies listed, please contact us for further advice: ASDAC contact details


Snowdon Trust

This charitable trust helps students with physical disabilities and who are in education aged between 17 and 25 years (mature students are supported when funds allow).Bursaries are made for one or two years and do not normally exceed £2000.Awards are made for disability-related costs where they cannot be met by other statutory sources such as the DSA or through the University.

You can find out more by clicking on the following link: Snowden Trust.


Snowdon Masters Scholarships

The Snowdon Masters Scholarships for Disabled leaders has launched for post- graduate students who have the ability to create change and influence.More information is available on the following link: Snowdon Masters Scholarships


The Student Health Association

The Association runs the Student Disability Assistance Fund which helps Higher Education students with disabilities in full-time or nearly full-time studies. It cannot help with fees or general living expenses. Priority is given to those who cannot obtain statutory funding. Maximum awards are £500.

You can find out more by clicking on the following link: The Student Health Association