This article will provide a list of some of the advice and support services available to postgraduate students.

You may discuss any concerns regarding your research with any member of your supervisory team, your Departmental Research Degree Coordinator (DRDC), your PGRS representative and the Chair, Faculty Research Degree (FRD) Committee, the Research Degrees Team, Student Administration Services, Department of Student and Academic Administration (DSAA) or contact the Graduate School at any time during your registration.

Advice and Support Services provide a network of support with experienced staff trained in giving advice and helping students to resolve problems.

The services provided include the following:

  • Academic Skills Unit (ASK)
  • Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre (ASDAC)
  • Careers and Recruitment
  • Computing Support and IT
  • Counselling Service
  • Halls of Residence
  • Health and Wellbeing
  • Housing and Accommodation
  • Library
  • Maths Café
  • Nursery
  • Safer Students
  • Sport and Recreation
  • Student Finance Centre – including advice regarding household bills
  • Students’ Union
  • University Chaplains

Further details regarding these services are available online from the Support and Advice webpages.

International and European Union PGRS also have access to the International Office who can provide advice and support for students while they are studying in the UK.