This article will explain what assistance you can expect from your First Supervisor with Ethics.
You can expect your First Supervisor to:
- Discuss the ethical considerations with you at your interview, and throughout the development of your research programme, referring as appropriate to the UK Research Integrity Office (UKRIO) checklist;
- Discuss whether an application for ethical approval is necessary and assist with any formal application;
- Assist with the completion of a statement where formal review is not considered necessary;
- Ensure your proposed timetable includes time for ethical review to be undertaken before the commencement of recruitment of participants or data collection;
- Discuss ongoing ethical considerations and assist with additional applications for ethical review arising from developments and progress in your research programme throughout your registration.