This article will explain what research council funding is and how you can go about applying for it.

Departments that have gained quota awards or funding from Research Councils may apply for funding for an individual PGRS. Your Department will advise you if they are going to apply for Research Council funding for you and you will be active in making the application.

If you receive Research Council funding, it is very important that you notify your First Supervisor and the Research Degrees Team, Student Administration Services, Department of Student and Academic Administration (DSAA), immediately of any changes that may affect your progress as the University must notify the Research Council of any approved changes to your registration. This will also be reported via Je‑S, a web-based system for Research Councils by your First Supervisor or the Research Section, Department of Student and Academic Administration.

You will need to confirm which Research Council is providing your funding and your Research Council identification number.

Find out more about the Research Councils from UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).