This article will explain what you will need to do if your research for your project requires you to be somewhere else.

If your research requires you to be located elsewhere during any year of registration the Code of Practice for Work-based and Placement Learning may be applicable. You are advised to discuss planned periods of absence to undertake your research with your First Supervisor so that the requirement for a site visit, insurance and health and safety issues are taken into consideration.

If you are travelling overseas to a conference, to undertake research or other activities as part of your research then you will need to ensure that you have obtained the relevant approval.