This article provides information regarding organisations that can help those who are victims of unwanted sexual experiences.

If you are concerned about an unwanted sexual experience, please get in touch with one of the following institutions:


Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)

SARC is available to anyone, male or female, over the age of 13 who has been a victim of rape or serious sexual assault in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. The Treetops Centre provides a team of staff to help victims deal with the trauma of rape or serious sexual assault. You can have the choice of whether or not to report a rape or sexual assault to the police.

Telephone: +44 (0) 23 9221 0352


The centre is open seven days a week from 8:00am to 6:00pm.


Portsmouth Abuse and Rape Counselling Service (PARCS)

PARCS (Portsmouth Abuse and Rape Counselling Service) provides free specialist counselling to men and women who are resident in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, and who have experienced any form of sexual violation at any time in their lives.


Women's helpline: +44 (0)23 9266 9511

Men's helpline:+44 (0) 23 9266 9516


Helplines are open Monday (1:00pm - 3:00pm), Wednesday and Friday (7:00pm - 10:00pm).