This article will explain where you can go for advice if you are considering leaving university.

Don't worry! It's not uncommon to feel that you want to change or leave your course. There are a number of reasons why you might feel like this and it's worth going over your thoughts to be sure that you make the right decision.

Whatever your reasons, talking them through with someone else can be very helpful. One option would be to speak to a careers adviser as part of the Careers and Employability Service who will help you talk through your reasons and explain the key factors that you will need to consider before making a decision.


How can I book an appointment?

Please contact us on or call us on +44 (0) 23 9284 2684 during our opening hours to request an appointment.

If at all possible, try and resist the temptation to stop attending lectures and handing coursework in. At some stage you will require a reference from your personal tutor and maintaining your workload demonstrates your motivation towards continuing in Higher Education.

For full details of the University of Portsmouth's policy regarding Transfer, Suspension or Withdrawal please see this article.


How can I get in contact for more information and advice?

The Careers and Employability Service has a dedicated team of friendly, experienced advisers on hand to talk to you. You can find out more about the support available from the Careers and Employability Service, access a wide range of information and advice and find out how to contact us by visiting our website at

Follow us: